Latest News

• Tabletop Gameternoon 6.17.17 - Pandemic

The group had to split into two tables for this one (dang we're busy!) so this is just one half of what happened on our Gameternoon this past Saturday. If you've never seen Pandemic in action however, then you are in for a real treat. This game is absolutely brutal and you will see why! There were a few misplays but don't let that detract from the fact that in all three games you're about the watch, the world was absolutely against us! Watch on as Grey, Megabyte, and Moose struggle to rid the world of the deadly diseases laid out before us on this episode of IGC Tabletop!

Read more ...  
  • IGC Podcast #92 - E3 2017 is Here!

AIMonster and Grey are coming at you with all the games talked about so far at the EA and Microsoft conferences plus many, many more games. This is the biggest week in gaming for the year and we make the most of it, giving you a breakdown of everything we know up to this point and even throwing a few rumors on it. That's sauce baby! Check out this episode for a good time!

Read more ...  
  • Tabletop Gameternoon 6.10.17 - Epic Spell Wars

It was quick battle at Mount Skullzfyre this afternoon. Six battle wizards came to the showdown and blasted the absolutely crap out of each other. Megabyte and AIMonster had a little duel going for awhile in this one too. Watch the video to see grabbed two wins before the tableflip!

Read more ...  
  • IGC Podcast #91 - Acronym Problems

On this latest episode of the IGC Podcast the crew is a bit confused by video acronyms Grey is using. After a poor attempt to sort that out we actually do bring you the bi-weekly gaming news, debut two dozen announced games, and tell you what's coming up in the next couple of weeks to lighten your wallet. Our video game draft is still a tight race too! Check us out for updates on all this and just a little bit more too.

Read more ...

Destiny 2

• Kahnya
  • Kahnya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sporting Rare Blues
  • Sporting Rare Blues
  • I do stuff and things.
More
1 month 5 days ago - 1 month 5 days ago #1 by Kahnya
Kahnya created the topic: Destiny 2
Destiny 2 is imminent! Today Bungie showed us our first glimpse at the sequel to Destiny with gameplay footage of Destiny 2. They also announced that the PC version could be purchased via Battlenet!

They announced new worlds, new adventures to engage in, new weapons and armor. Not only can this iteration live up the original, it's most likely going to surpass it as they use all the knowledge and experience from the original Destiny to turn this game into something amazing. There will be clans! They also introduced something similar to match making but it's more of a party system to help everyone experience all the content the game has to offer. Such as the single raid that was announced.

If it's not clear yet, I'll be playing Destiny 2 and I hope you will too! There will be a beta which is planned for later this summer, though no date was officially announced yet.

Clan related talks to bring a new chapter to IGC is in the works, so stay tuned if you're interested! In the meantime, check out the first official gameplay released below!

Last Edit: 1 month 5 days ago by Kahnya.
More
1 month 4 days ago #2 by Grey Jorildyn
Grey Jorildyn replied the topic: Destiny 2
I wonder how many we can wrangle up for this. I'm thinking at least 5 so chime in peoples.
More
1 month 4 days ago #3 by MatrixMoose
MatrixMoose replied the topic: Destiny 2
I really wanted to play Destiny, though I was waiting for the push to PC. An Since that never happened (even though they had said they would at a later date), never bothered going out of my way to get a ps4 or xboxone just to play.

Now that it'll be on PC. I'm hyped. Hopefully the train doesn't crash and burn though. Plus I care less about the delay to PC. They mentioned at most it'll be a couple weeks, possibly a month.
  • Kahnya
  • Sporting Rare Blues
  • Sporting Rare Blues
  • I do stuff and things.
More
1 month 4 days ago #4 by Kahnya
Kahnya replied the topic: Destiny 2
I'm OK with a delay as long as they make sure it's not just a port to PC. That was what they did with the division and it was terrible. Looks like the reason for the delay is so they can make sure it comes out right, which is fine with me. Hopefully, they will give us a firm date in the coming weeks as they have stated in a recent interview.
More
1 month 4 days ago - 1 month 4 days ago #5 by Seifer Arumashi
Seifer Arumashi replied the topic: Destiny 2
Aaaaaaaah Yeaaaaaa Destiny 2

Played Destiny hardcore for about 6 months, then quit due to stale solo play/nothing left. Occasionally came back to complete the expansion content, but overall Bungie's disdain toward their solo players and anyone who spent more than 5 hours a week grinding for gear eventually made me hate the game. Did I mention playing solo was fucking boring?

Hopefully they do learn from Destiny 1 and build off their fun gameplay into something amazing. I am worried about their Playstation exclusivity when it comes to content, they would lock certain strikes and weapons to ps4 exclusives for OVER A YEAR to xbox players and in turn - for future PC players.

If you need any ideas on pvp and pve group structure from Destiny 1 to help prepare for this upcoming chapter let me know.
Last Edit: 1 month 4 days ago by Seifer Arumashi.
  • Kahnya
  • Sporting Rare Blues
  • Sporting Rare Blues
  • I do stuff and things.
More
1 month 3 days ago #6 by Kahnya
I know they learned a lot from the original, especially the aspect of solo vs group play. Destiny 2 will have a party type matchmaking system to help alleviate that. If you haven't read/heard, essentially if you have 5 people on, you can open up that 6th slot and look for another player. Then those who are solo can look through the groups looking to fill a spot and join up. This will help solo players actually experience all the content!

It will even go as far as helping to build clans. Which is a nice system them have brought into Destiny 2. It will include a clan roster which should definitely help with keeping track of who is actually in the group and online etc.

I agree that one of the biggest flaws was those who were solo had no way to experience all the content, such as raids. But it does appear they have learned from the original Destiny and have a plan in place which is a good sign.

I too am worried a bit about the PS4 exclusive stuff. Hopefully being that the game is available on PC exclusively through Battlenet, will allow Blizzard to force a bit of push when it comes to getting the content to PC. Not that it's that big a deal say for PS4 to get a week or two ahead. Since it's not cross platform, does it really matter? If anything, it will allow the PC community to see the content and plan accordingly. Which means if anything, those on PC will know what to do and how to do it in less time, essentially more efficient use of our time.

I'm not sure yet how clans will work or interact as far as coordinating PvE and PvP content. I plan to participate in both and hope that a majority of members would want to do both. Of course that's not to say some may prefer PvP or PvE, but that can be determined and worked out. It's certainly something I will anticipate and include in my plans for the clan.

I'd be happy to discuss it further though with you Seifer, any ideas or suggestions are of course welcome.

Side note, a good article that came out which details some more information on subclasses, abilities, weapons system, and crucible combat changes from someone who played at the conference. Which you can read here:
Article Link
More
4 weeks 2 hours ago #7 by Seifer Arumashi
Bungie's weekly update talk with destiny 2 lead engineer Matt Segur, about their server changes for the sequel.

www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45919/7_T...-At-Bungie--05252017

Now that the dust has settled and the ringing in our ears has started to subside, I sat down with Matt Segur, Engineering Lead on Destiny 2, to get some answers for you.

Matt: We've seen a lot of people asking about how the networking model works for Destiny 2. Many are concerned by our announcement last week that Destiny 2 doesn't have dedicated servers. While that’s useful shorthand, the full answer is more complex because Destiny has a unique networking model. Rest assured that we’re doing a lot of testing right now with players all around the world, and working hard to make sure that your experience is going to be smooth on launch day.

So why no dedicated servers?

Matt: Every activity in Destiny 2 is hosted by one of our servers. That means you will never again suffer a host migration during your Raid attempt or Trials match. This differs from Destiny 1, where these hosting duties were performed by player consoles and only script and mission logic ran in the data center. To understand the foundation on which we’re building, check out this Destiny 1 presentation from GDC. Using the terms from this talk, in Destiny 2, both the Mission Host and Physics Host will run in our data centers.

Wait, so we do have dedicated servers?

Matt: We don't use that term, because in the gaming community, “dedicated servers” refers to pure client-server networking models. Destiny 2 uses a hybrid of client-server and peer-to-peer technology, just like Destiny 1. The server is authoritative over how the game progresses, and each player is authoritative over their own movement and abilities. This allows us to give players the feeling of immediacy in all their moving and shooting – no matter where they live and no matter whom they choose to play with.

Why peer-to-peer? Are we trying to save money?

Matt: Nope! We've invested heavily in new server infrastructure for Destiny 2, including using cloud servers for gameplay for the first time. We really believe this is the best model for all of Destiny 2's varied cooperative and competitive experiences. Engineering will always involve tradeoffs and cost-benefit analysis, but as a team we’ve got no regrets about the unique technology we’ve built for Destiny 2.

With Destiny 2 coming out on PC, does peer-to-peer networking put players at risk of being cheated?

Matt: The PC platform poses unique security challenges for Destiny 2, but our security Ninjas have spent several years building a plan for how to engage with this new and vibrant community. We have a variety of top-secret strategies to ensure that the life of a cheater in Destiny 2 PC will be nasty, brutish, and short. And, regardless of what platform you play on, all changes to your persistent character are communicated directly to our secure data center with no peer-to-peer interference.

Does this mean I’ll never see a player warp around the map or shoot me through a wall again?

Matt: We think those controller-throwing lag-induced moments will be reduced for Destiny 2, but we can't promise they’ll be eliminated. Fundamentally, we are trying to strike a balance between three hard problems: (1) make the game feel responsive, (2) make the game accessible to players all over the world, and (3) make the game fair for all. We’ll continue to refine that balance as players engage with the Crucible in Destiny 2.

So what can we expect at launch?

Matt: We have a Beta coming up this summer that will be the first chance for players to get their hands on Destiny 2 and kick the tires on its networking. We have spent a bunch of time working on matchmaking, latency, and responsiveness, and we feel pretty good about it. As with everything we do, we'll be monitoring the situation after launch and reacting to the community's feedback.

The following user(s) said Thank You: MatrixMoose
  • Kahnya
  • Sporting Rare Blues
  • Sporting Rare Blues
  • I do stuff and things.
More
2 weeks 2 days ago - 2 weeks 2 days ago #8 by Kahnya
I had read this article and it's a good read. I'm not sure I agree with their direction in terms of going p2p rather than dedicated servers, but I guess only time will tell if that was the right decision.

I'm hoping e3 next week will bring in some new and exciting news (fingers crossed anyways). But I don't think there is much more they could show after the reveal back in May.

For anyone excited about the story, that does seem to be where they are putting a lot of focus in both the story itself, and the lore. With the added cinematic scenes, it will hopefully be a decent story and worth $60 to go through it. But I hope they put some efforts into the other content like they are with the story, otherwise, the game is going to die quickly or be very PVP based.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by Kahnya.
  • Kahnya
  • Sporting Rare Blues
  • Sporting Rare Blues
  • I do stuff and things.
More
1 week 2 days ago #9 by Kahnya
We have an official release date and some additional dates to look forward to!

More
1 week 2 days ago - 1 week 2 days ago #10 by Seifer Arumashi
That launch gap is fucking huge. Will still gladly wait for 21:9 1440p at 100+ fps. Hell just at 60fps this game looks and feels completely different.

Last Edit: 1 week 2 days ago by Seifer Arumashi.

Login

Event Calendar

Sat Jun 24 @ 4:00PM -
Random Impact - Dice Throne
Sun Jun 25 @ 7:00PM -
Podcast - Podcast #93
Fri Jun 30 @ 9:00PM - 11:00PM
Meeting - Community Meeting

Servers